Friday, February 29, 2008

Blue-Headed Vireos Still Around

(Another old post from my Birding and Drawing Notes website.)


Sunday,11.05.06, and the chance for another walk at the Wissahickon. It's hard to believe that you're in the middle of a city as large as Philadelphia once you start walking along the Wissahickon.



We had no luck sighting an osprey, which we'd seen in our last two visits over the previous three weeks. Today's big surprise was at least two Blue-Headed Vireos. Though they are always one of the earliest spring migrants neither of us had seen them so late before in fall. Is this just us or are they really later this year? Until I run into someone who knows more than I about the timing of Wissahickon migrants I can only say: ask me about this next year.


Once again kinglets were all over the place. And once again I have no sketches to show for it...........

No comments: